Hi there! I’m Erica, a local Dallas photographer, designer, and enthusiast of all things creative. I work with natural light to capture families, kids, couples, and senior portraits. I wanted to introduce myself and give you a rundown of what I am all about. I can’t wait to get to know you. Find me on Instagram or Facebook so I can follow you back!
What you should know about me
- I binge watch Bravo on a regular basis.
- I’m almost always eating Tex-Mex. My favorite spots are Torchy’s and Chuy’s. My Austin roots make me loyal to Chuy’s but I’ll also go for Mi Cocina in Dallas!
- I love being outside, especially on the lake, and jump at any chance to spend time at our family lake house in the Texas Hill Country.
- I teach exercise classes at Barre3 Coppell and would love to have you join me for a class.
- Last but not least, my amazing husband and our two young boys keep my life full of love, excitement, and noise. They really are the best!
A little more about me…
I have always had a passion for the creative world whether it be sewing, scrapbooking, graphic design, or photography. I still remember practicing my own color theory at 12 years old with my mega pack of colored gel pens (anyone else remember these?!)
After growing up in Austin, Texas, I moved up North to attend the University of Michigan (Go Blue!) School of Art & Design where I was surrounded by other creatives and learned how to survive living across the country and away from home. I have a strong love for Michigan but could not deal with the winters and made my way back to Texas as soon as I could.
I married my husband in 2013 after surviving (some may even say thriving) in a long-distance relationship for 5 years as we attended college in different states! After moving across the US and around the world in the first few years of marriage, we finally landed in Dallas, Texas. Our family has now lived in Dallas longer than any other city and we are ready to stay put for a while! I love being a part of this community as a Dallas photographer. We have two young boys (3 years and almost 1 year) who run around being crazy and loud all day long.
My passion is photography. I love creating a photo that captures a special moment in time. I hope that you will look at your photos years down the road and remember the joy from this time in your life. I would be honored to photograph your family, your little ones, or commemorate your senior year. These are the days you will want to remember! I can’t wait to meet you and get started.